The Holiday’s are over and it’s back to getting healthy in the New Year. Start the New Year off right not only with a good diet and exercise but also a whiter smile is key to starting the year off right. Follow Highlands Ranch Family Dental’s tips in The New Year for a whiter smile in 2019.
How to Achieve a Whiter Smile?
Practice Good Dental Hygiene: First and foremost, good dental hygiene is a solid way to prevent your teeth from going yellow. The buildup of plaque can give your teeth a yellow tinge, so brushing, flossing and using mouthwash is not to be underestimated.
Bi-Annual Dental Check-ups: Make sure you practice good dental health by scheduling your dental check-up at least every six months.
Quick facts about a regular dental check-up
- Regular dental visits are important because they help to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- There are two parts to a regular dental visit:
– The check up
– The cleaning
- During the dental check-up, your dental professional will check your overall oral health for any trouble areas.
- During the cleaning, your dental professional will remove any plaque and tartar buildup and may polish your teeth.
- You should have a regular dental visit at least twice a year or as recommended by your dental professional.
Eat and Drink Wiser: Apart from the buildup of plaque, either the staining or wearing away of your enamel, the outermost layer of your teeth, can also cause discoloring. These range from coffee and red wine to fizzy drinks and processed sugary foods. Smoking is also a big no-no. If you are committed to leading a life of purity then there are lots of things to avoid to protect your teeth from staining.
Teeth Whitening: Highlands Ranch Family Dental will custom make dental trays for teeth whitening at home. Contact us today.
Trust Highlands Ranch Family Dental for your Families Dental Needs
Schedule an appointment today!