In Highlands Ranch, Colorado we are really busy families, and sometimes we may miss a dentist appointment, and then time goes on, and another 6 months passes and no dentist. Follow our signs that you need to see a dentist. Don’t let a missed appointment destroy your dental health.
Sometimes a twice a year trip to the dentist isn’t enough to prevent issues that interfere with good oral health. Fortunately, your body provides you with signs that an extra appointment may be necessary for the event something is going wrong in your mouth.
These warning signs vary from person to person and also depend on the type of issue we’re dealing with. So how do you know you need to schedule a visit soon? We’ve put together a quick list of eight warning signs to be on the lookout for.
5 Signs You Need to See a Dentist
- Persistent bad breath – Halitosis, or bad breath, is an early indicator of gingivitis. If you can’t seem to shake your bad breath even after brushing and flossing, you should give us a call before it’s too late.
- Bleeding or inflamed gums – Your gums are one of the greatest indicators of dental issues. If you find your gums are bleeding or inflamed regularly, you may once again be dealing with gingivitis or periodontitis.
- Jaw or tooth pain – Pain is always an obvious way to determine something is wrong. If you’re experiencing tooth or jaw pain you must give us a call right away!
- A metallic taste – Unless you’ve been chewing on some loose change (which you should then give us a call anyway), there’s no reason you should be suffering from a metallic taste in your mouth. This is a common sign of gingivitis or periodontitis that you’ll need to get checked out ASAP.
- Hot & cold sensitivity – Sudden or increased sensitivity to hot and cold foods is a great warning sign of dental issues such as tooth decay, cavities and more.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you need to contact a dentist immediately. Please call us at 303.346.4495 or email us at Scheduling@hrfamilydental.com.